Aug 18, 2011

Lessons Learned







Jean Jacket & Bracelet: NY&Co., Skirt & Top: Target, Shoes: Payless, Necklace: Forever21

Since starting this blog I've learned so much when it comes to personal style and styling tips in general.  I've learned that thrifting can be my best friend and that tucking a dress into a pencil skirt actually WORKS!  I think the most valuable lesson I've learned is to hang on to those undying staples!!! Things seem to always come back in style and even if they don't, I'm still going to try to make it work.  Donating clothing is always a good thing but if you have pieces you love, hang on to them!  I had a great jean jacket a few years ago that I wore often. They went out of style so I donated mine.  Just this year I saw this one at NY&Co and immediately wished I had never ditched mine.

I bought this top for 10 bucks at Target.  I thought it would be something cute and breezy for volleyball or just with shorts.  Little did I know it would be making it's debut in a work outfit!  I love when I can make a piece work in so many different ways!

No comments: